Request for Expressions of Interest
Additional Financing For EMERGENCY COVID-19 RESPONSE PROJECT.
IBRD Loan No and AIIB: LOAN NUMBER 9113-GE
Assignment Title: Legal Advisor/Consultant
Ministry of Internally Displaced Persons from the Occupied Territories, Labor, Health and Social Affairs (MoILHSA), as an Implementing Agency of the COVID-19 EMERGENCY RESPONSE PROJECT in Georgia is soliciting applications for the position of Legal Advisor.
The Legal Advisor shall ensure Provide appropriate legal guidance to the MoILHSA as well as other stakeholders involved in vaccination process, on the implementation of the Georgia COVID-19 Vaccine National Deployment Plan (NDVP). Advise on the introduction and deployment of the COVID-19 vaccines in appropriate legislative and regulatory manner. Assist the Emergency Covid-19 Response Project on legal aspects of project implementation.
This assignment will be implemented under the Georgia Emergency COVID-19 Response Project funded by the World Bank and Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank. The work will take into consideration all relevant strategies, the NDVP and will build upon the recommendations made by the key decision-makers in the MoILHSA, Government of Georgia, inter-agency board and other stakeholders (e.g. subordinated agencies of the MOILHSA, Ministry of Finance, Ministry of Foreign Affairs, etc).
The Consultant shall be responsible for:
- Advise on matters related to the compliance of all COVID-19 vaccine introduction and deployment activities of MoILHSA with the national laws and regulations and relevant international agreements
- Alongside with the MoILHSA and other stakeholders participates in the negotiations with the COVAX facility, vaccine manufacturers or any other players to ensure the legal compliance with Georgian legislation
- Prepares indemnity/liability agreements with vaccine manufacturers, as necessary
- In case of the humanitarian donations from the countries or vaccine manufacturers, drafts agreements, prepares all necessary documentation and ensures that the legal documents are in compliance with the Georgian legislation
- In case of the country-to-country exchange of COVID-19 vaccines, ensures that the legal documents are in compliance with the Georgian legislation
- Ensure that appropriate legal approvals are in place before any COVID-19 vaccine agreements are executed
- Assist the PIU on legal issues related to the project implementation if needed
- Reports regularly to the First Deputy Minister regarding progress toward goals and actions to be taken in the future
- Develops quarterly progress reports and at the end of consultancy Final Report to summarize consultancy outcomes and outputs.
The individual consultant shall meet the following qualification and experience requirements:
- At least Bachelor’s degree in Law, Master’s degree is preferable
- At least 7 years of relevant professional work experience.
- 3 years of experience in international projects on legal aspects, including international contracts, agreements, non-disclosure agreements, in Georgia is a must.
- At least 3 years of working experience within projects funded directly from donors on legal issues.
- Knowledge of any document electronic system, operated at the Government organizations would be preferable.
- Knowledge of Georgian and international COVID-19 legal context as well as the health emergency legal framework will be an asset giving significant advantage to candidates
- Experience providing legal support and assistance to ministry-level staff and officials, ability to facilitate timely and effective coordination among multiple agencies/stakeholders
- Analytical thinker with strong conceptual and research skills
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Excellent writing and communication skills as demonstrated by record of publications and past experience in Georgian and English
- An affinity for working with a socially and politically diverse communities and society groups.
12. Excellent interpersonal, networking and team building skills.
The Consultant will be mobilized for an estimated workload of 6-10 days per month. Servicies shall be provided from January 2022 to December 2022.
A consultant will be selected in accordance with the “Open Competitive Selection of Individual Consultants)” procedures set out in World Bank Procurement Regulations for IPF Borrowers (Regulations) (2016, July, Revised November 2017 and August 2018).
The attention of interested Consultants is drawn to Section III, paragraphs, 3.14, 3.16, and 3.17 of the World Bank’s “Procurement Regulations for IPF Borrowers” July 2016 (Revised November 2017 and August 2018) (“Procurement Regulations”), setting forth the World Bank’s policy on conflict of interest. In addition, please refer to the following specific information on conflict of interest related to this assignment: paragraph 3.17 of the Procurement Regulations.
Please indicate the position in subject line.
Deadline for applications: 21 December, 2021
To obtain detailed information, please contact:
Ministry of Internally Displaced Persons from the Occupied Territories, Labor, Health and Social Affairs (MoILHSA),
Name: Khatia Amilakhvari
Position: Procurement consultant
Procurement Consultant, PIU – World Bank
Additional Financing for Emergency COVID-19 Response Project
Web Site: www.moh.gov.ge
 An interagency coordination board chaired by the Minister of ILHSA was established to facilitate the development and implementation of a COVID-19 vaccination policy in Georgia. Decree 2459 of the Government of Georgia on the Establishment of the Interagency Coordination Commission for the Implementation of COVID-19 Vaccination in Georgia, December 15, 2020.