Request for Expressions of Interest
Additional Financing for Georgia Emergency COVID-19 Response Project
IBRD Loan No: LOAN NUMBER IBRD-9273-GE
Assignment Title: Disbursement Officer
Ministry of Internally Displaced Persons from the Occupied Territories, Labor, Health and Social Affairs (MoILHSA), as an Implementing Agency of the Additional Financing for Georgia Emergency COVID-19 Response Project in Georgia is soliciting applications for the position of Disbursement Officer.
The project implementation unit (PIU) is looking for Disbursement Officer, who will support overall implementation of the project, he/she will work closely with the coordinator of the PIU.
The Consultant shall be responsible for:
The Disbursement Officer will:
- Receive, verify and process the operations under the Project according to the accounting principles and practices acceptable to the WB and Georgian legislation;
- Serve as responsible person for dealing with activities related to transfer execution through State Treasury;
- Ensure that all payments are made timely and according to contract terms and conditions as well as the WB`s relevant guidelines, regulations, legal agreements and other applicable documents;
- Ensure the accurate and timely closing of the year end books;
- Under direct supervision of the Financial Manager ensure that all project accounts are maintained in accordance with the WB’s relevant guidelines and regulations;
- Ensure accounts payables and receivables under the WB’s Project are processed accurately, efficiently and in a timely manner, reporting any concerns/discrepancies;
- Assist audit processes and cooperate with the auditors; reviewing findings and implementing changes;
- Assist the Financial Manager in developing the annual budget;
- Assist Financial Manager in preparation of the reports and drawdowns;
- Upon request, provide all necessary documentation to the Financial Manager and Project Manager;
- Cooperate with the WB’s missions during regular financial management supervisions of the project and address the observations and recommendations provided;
The individual consultant shall meet the following qualification and experience requirements:
The Consultant shall have the following experience and qualifications:
- Min. Bachelor’s degree in the field of finance, project management, business administration, economics or other relevant field;
- Minimum 5 years of relevant professional experience in project finance and at least 2 years of experience in FM and Disbursement in IFI financed Projects.
- Experience in FM and Disbursement in the WB financed Projects will be considered as an advantage.
- Good analytical and writing skills - experience in preparation of reports and project documents, as required by donor guidelines;
- Proven ability to prepare Drawdown Applications, Disbursement Forecasts, undertake analysis on defined tasks, collect and organize required data and information, apply appropriate knowledge of WB guidelines and regulations related to Disbursement and Financial Management under the WB financed Projects; computer skills in organizing and analysing the data; and prepare notes, papers, presentations and reports.
- Good knowledge and experience in interacting with state agencies, authorities and systems;
- Fluency in Georgian and English;
- Demonstrated Computer Skills (Proficiency in using computer desktop application MS Office, Word, Excel, and Power Point);
- Excellent communication (verbal and written), interpersonal skills, and an ability to work in a team environment and under strict deadlines.
This assignment starting from the January 2022 and duration of the contract is in accordance with the project completion terms, April, 2023. Subject to satisfactory performance as well as operational needs of the Project, the contract can be extended.
The type of Contract will be time-based.
A consultant will be selected in accordance with the Individual Consultants Recruitment procedures set out in Asian Development Banks guidelines on the Use of Consultants (March 2013).
A consultant will be selected in accordance with the “Open Competitive Selection of Individual Consultants)” procedures set out in World Bank Procurement Regulations for IPF Borrowers (Regulations) (2016, July, Revised November 2017 and August 2018).
The attention of interested Consultants is drawn to Section III, paragraphs, 3.14, 3.16, and 3.17 of the World Bank’s “Procurement Regulations for IPF Borrowers” July 2016 (Revised November 2017 and August 2018) (“Procurement Regulations”), setting forth the World Bank’s policy on conflict of interest. In addition, please refer to the following specific information on conflict of interest related to this assignment: paragraph 3.17 of the Procurement Regulations.
Please indicate the position in subject line.
Deadline for applications: 27 December, 2021
To obtain detailed information, please contact:
Ministry of Internally Displaced Persons from the Occupied Territories, Labor, Health and Social Affairs (MoILHSA),
Name: Khatia Amilakhvari
Position: Procurement consultant
Procurement Consultant, PIU – World Bank
Additional Financing for Emergency COVID-19 Response Project
Web Site: www.moh.gov.ge