Request for Expressions of Interest
Additional Financing for Georgia Emergency COVID-19 Response Project
IBRD Loan No: LOAN NUMBER IBRD-9273-GE
Assignment Title: Health Specialist/Consultant
Ministry of Internally Displaced Persons from the Occupied Territories, Labor, Health and Social Affairs (MoILHSA), as an Implementing Agency of the Additional Financing for Georgia Emergency COVID-19 Response Project in Georgia is soliciting applications for the position of Health Specialist/Consultant.
The project implementation unit (PIU) is looking for Health Specialist/Consultant, who will support overall implementation of the project, he/she will work closely with the coordinator of the PIU.
The Consultant shall be responsible for:
The Health Specialist will:
- Provide health sector related analytical and advisory services,
- Contribute to health sector-specific inputs for various operational products/outputs of the Project (e.g. technical reports, project performance reviews, etc.),
- Review and contribute to sector-specific policy and other documents,
- Contribute to sectoral or multi-sectoral teams in policy development and dialogue,
- Cultivate and maintain effective relationships with local stakeholders, partner agencies and multi-partner fora,
- Lead and contribute to knowledge generation and sharing across different agencies involved in the implementation of the Project,
- Participate in the WB missions of the Project,
- Respond to ad hoc information requests from different stakeholders.
- Other tasks as assigned.
The individual consultant shall meet the following qualification and experience requirements:
The Consultant shall have the following experience and qualifications:
- Graduate degrees (Master’s degree level or higher) in public health, health economics, public policy, health financing, epidemiology, business administration, professional degree (medicine) or other relevant qualification,
- Minimum of 8 years of relevant experience in health and/or related fields,
- Proven knowledge of Georgian healthcare system,
- Fluency in Georgian and in English (excellent oral and written communication skills) is required, with ability to prepare documents on complex subjects, speak and write persuasively, and present ideas clearly and concisely in both languages,
- Significant experience with health care related policies, operations, instruments, and systems is essential,
- Experience leading and/or supporting officials with analytic work is desired,
- Strong interpersonal and team skills, and a track record of functioning effectively in multi-disciplinary teams are essential,
- A drive for results, including a proven track record of high standards/accountability for work products, meeting deadlines, an ability to prioritize tasks within his/her work program and strategies for working collectively with others on the team to deliver products of the highest caliber,
- Experience working with international organizations a plus.
This is a one-year assignment starting on April 2022.
The type of Contract will be time-based.
A consultant will be selected in accordance with the Individual Consultants Recruitment procedures set out in Asian Development Banks guidelines on the Use of Consultants (March 2013).
A consultant will be selected in accordance with the “Open Competitive Selection of Individual Consultants)” procedures set out in World Bank Procurement Regulations for IPF Borrowers (Regulations) (2016, July, Revised November 2017 and August 2018).
The attention of interested Consultants is drawn to Section III, paragraphs, 3.14, 3.16, and 3.17 of the World Bank’s “Procurement Regulations for IPF Borrowers” July 2016 (Revised November 2017 and August 2018) (“Procurement Regulations”), setting forth the World Bank’s policy on conflict of interest. In addition, please refer to the following specific information on conflict of interest related to this assignment: paragraph 3.17 of the Procurement Regulations.
Applications should include Letter of Interest and Curriculum Vitae in English language. Applications must be submitted via email to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org
Please indicate the position in subject line.
Deadline for applications: April 8, 2022
To obtain detailed information, please contact:
Ministry of Internally Displaced Persons from the Occupied Territories, Labor, Health and Social Affairs (MoILHSA),
Name: Khatia Amilakhvari
Position: Procurement consultant
Procurement Consultant, PIU – World Bank
Additional Financing for Emergency COVID-19 Response Project
Email: email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org
Web Site: www.moh.gov.ge