Minister Meets with Parents of Children with Diabetes Mellitus Type 1
Minister of Health, Zurab Azarashvili met with parents of children with diabetes mellitus type 1 and presented the programmatic novelties and future plans.
- From June 1, three-month stock of supplies needed for management of insulin and diabetes (test strips, needles for taking blood) will be disbursed;
- The parents and beneficiaries will take the supplies together with insulin at the same location;
- The date of disbursement has been corrected – the beneficiaries will have possibility to take stocks any time, 10 days earlier before the concrete date defined for them;
- Geographic accessibility to Diabetes Management Program has been expanded. The stocks will be available at 60 pharmacy networks countrywide, planned ambulatory services will be provided by 10 various facilities in Tbilisi and regions.
- Children with diabetes mellitus type 1 will receive the newest, fourth generation device by Medtronic. The deice does not require calibration for displaying data.
In case of need, the Ministry will procure itself mobile phones required for using Medtronic CGM system.
- Communication between the Ministry of Health and parents of beneficiaries will be continued in an active mode countrywide.